Degree exam (tesi di laurea)
To be admitted to the final examination, students must develop an original thesis under the supervision of a professor or tutor.
This activity is known as internato di laurea or degree internship.
Training activities (internato di laurea) for the preparation of the thesis
15 credits are awarded for thesis preparation in university Chemistry or Biology institutions or Clinical structures. This student activity is known as internato di laurea or degree internship.
Students intending to carry out their degree internship within a specific structure must submit a formal request to the President of the course together with a curriculum vitae (i.e. a list of exams passed, marks, optional attended activities, training periods in laboratories or clinics or any other activity performed for training purposes) at least 12 months before the thesis discussion.
After consultation with colleagues and having ascertained the availability of positions, the President of the course approves the request and assigns the responsibility for monitoring and certifying the activities carried out by the students to a Tutor, where possible specified by the student.
To be eligible to take the Degree exam, students must:
- have followed all the courses and have passed all the exams;
- have obtained a total of 300 credits in the course of the five years;
- have delivered to the Didactic Secretariat (PP1, 2nd floor): a) an application to the President of the course at least 12 months before the thesis session; b) an electronic and printed (and signed) copy of the thesis at least 30 days before the Degree session.
Degree Exams are held in the summer, fall and special “extraordinary” sessions.
Final Degree mark / Degree thesis discussion
The final result is based on exam marks plus the presentation of a project or dissertation before a Board of Examiners.
Currently, the final score of the Degree in Pharmacy, following the thesis defense, is determined by the following sum:
- The pass mark is 66; students who obtain full marks (110) may also be awarded the distinction “summa cum laude” (110 e lode)(for the most deserving students).
After degree (Laurea)
After the degree, pharmacy graduates have to pass an examination (both theorical and practical) in order to get the right to practise the pharmacist profession (abilitazione) in Italy. The Diploma di abilitazione all’esercizio della professione di farmacista (diploma conferring the right to practise pharmacy) is awarded by the State Examining Commission of Italy.
✉️ Download Documentation
- Thesis submission (ENG)
- Thesis submission (ITA)
- Thesis Submission (ITA- Word)
- Exams conversion
- Regulation for the assignment and evaluation of the degree thesis